Sausage Spinach Soup with essential oils
When using oils for cooking be sure to use the purest oils that can be safely ingested. Essential oils bring out the very best flavors in food because they are concentrated and pure.
Warm homemade goodness on a cold fall day. With fall in the air, my favorite things to fix for dinner are soups. I try to come up with a new soup each fall to add to my collection. Nothing tastes better to warm you from the inside out, than a warm bowl of delicious soup. I normally don’t love cooked spinach, but in this soup it gives color, adds nutrition and tastes amazing. Give this Sausage spinach soup a try, let me know what you think? If you like what you see please share, I would appreciate it. What soups does your family like, I would love to know your ideas to.
Sausage Spinach Soup – Ingredients
- 1 lb. jimmy dean maple sausage or your favorite
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 can of corn and juice, optional my husband loves corn in soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups small bow tie pasta
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 2 drops oregano essential oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sausage Spinach Soup – Instructions:
- Brown sausage in large soup pan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Press with several layers of paper towels folded to remove excess grease. Return to heat add onion, carrots, garlic, & spinach. Stir fry till vegetables are tender 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in corn and essential oils, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter, stir in flour, add milk and Parmesan, heat and stir with whisk till thick and melted. Mix into sausage mixture.
- In a large sauce pan bring chicken broth & water to a boil, add noodles, cook as directed on package. Stir into sausage mixture. Serve topped with mozzarella cheese, and bread sticks on the side. NOTE: you may use 1 tsp oregano leaves and 1/2 tsp. basil leaves instead of essential oils if desired.